I read an interesting article on Forbes.com that sets out to dispel the myth that retail is struggling. Although it’s not purely grocery-related, I thought I would share it. Below are the six “fast facts” cited by the article, as well as a link to the story for more info on each one.
1. National retail rents reached a nine-year high in Q1.
2. Major retail brands are still expanding.
3. U.S. retailers are leasing the pack in international expansion.
4. Brick-and-mortar is taking over e-commerce, not vice versa.
5. Warren Buffet just bet big on the sector.
6. Fundamentals reflect continued strength in the sector.