Perhaps Food Lion and Stop & Shop make sense for certain New Jersey A&P sites (and PA sites as well for Food Lion, which is owned by the same company as Bottom Dollar), but I would think it’s a stretch for Safeway, which has plenty of its own troubles. On the other hand, Goldman Sachs just resumed coverage of Safeway and gave it a “buy” rating, so they have a positive view of the company.
Search This Blog
By David Goodman
More from Equity Retail
- Grocery store sales help lift October retail sales November 18, 2022
- BJ’s sales gains to spur continued expansion November 18, 2022
- Redner’s Fresh Market opening tomorrow in Lewes, DE November 16, 2022
- Lidl-anchored center to replace industrial plant in South Philly November 13, 2022
- Survey says that Walmart tops Amazon as grocery destination November 11, 2022
David, a licensed PA & NJ real estate agent, “runs with” Equity Retail Brokers in Plymouth Meeting, PA. He spends most of his time leasing shopping centers for the likes of Kimco Realty, Echo Realty, The Gambone Group, Hilton Realty, Hutensky Capital Partners and others. David also represents select regional and national retail tenants, sells bank-owned properties and blogs about the supermarket industry. Equity Retail Brokers provides comprehensive retail real estate services through the company’s sales, leasing, tenant representation and asset management divisions. David is left-handed and his brother is a Mason.