Lidl, the European supermarket powerhouse that’s acquiring land up and down the east coast as it plans for a 2018 U.S. launch, introduced a website last month outlining its preferred site criteria and guidelines for potential suppliers.
The website invites submissions of properties available for purchase in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia that meet the following characteristics:
- Minimum 3.5 acres for a 36,000 square foot store with at least 150 dedicated parking spaces
- Signalized intersection with full access and high visibility
- An established retail location
- Dense population within three miles
- Traffic counts of at least 20,000 vehicles per day
- Zoning for a grocery use