Kosherfest, the world’s largest kosher tradeshow, was held last week in New Jersey and the best new kosher products in 16 categories were selected by a panel of judges that included buyers from a number of supermarkets.
Before you get all meshuge (pronounced meh-shoo-geh for those that have never been outside their farm), here are some of the winners:
- Best overall new product: Single serve beverage cups for k-cup brewers (cappuccino, hot chocolate and chai tea)
- Best new dessert: Baked by Melissa Cupcakes
- Best new savory condiment: Buffalo Zinger Sauce (yes!)
- Best new frozen entrée: Tassol Tortilla Espanola (makes perfect sense)
- Best new candy: Sugarless Rosemarie Milk Chocolates
- Best new deli meat: Breaded Chicken Fries (really?)
- Best new pasta: Mikee Mac Non-Dairy Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank my parents for not raising me in a kosher home.